Situated near Morgan in South Australia on the banks of the iconic River Murray in the prestigious Brenda Park Estate, Joy is the perfect location for those looking to get away from it all. Located along one of the river’s most popular holiday home destinations, this property is a comfortable two-hour bitumen drive from Adelaide (via Kapunda/Eudunda) and a short 5km drive to the township of Morgan.
Brenda Park offers breathtaking views of the ever-changing natural landscape and spectacular cliffs found on the opposite side of the river. It also spans a wide stretch of river with numerous bends which ensures that there is always flat water close by and provides protection from different wind directions. Consistent water levels are guaranteed especially in drought times as the park sits upriver of Lock 1 at Blanchetown.
Morgan boasts a rich river history with plenty to see and explore. A bustling river town in the early 1900’s and South Australia’s busiest river port at the height of the paddle-steamer era, Morgan has preserved its history for visitors to enjoy. The Morgan Historic Walk showcases the town’s historical points and the Museum located in the old railway building on the riverfront showcases an impressive display of memorabilia.
Whilst Morgan is steeped in history you will find many modern day conveniences in town. An IGA supermarket, service station, bakery, takeaway food/pizza bar and pharmacy will ensure you’re covered for any top up holiday needs. Not to mention, two local hotels for a great pub meal and replenishing any beverage supplies. Even if you forget your jerry cans, you can refuel your boat at the Morgan wharf, where you can also buy extra ice if you are running low.
You can also meander through town and visit the local antique shop or pick up a pre-loved bargain at the charity op shop. . Visit the Morgan tourist information centre to plan out your adventures in, around and along the River Murray. The Riverland is home to both small and large wineries, offering visitors the opportunity to treat themselves and indulge wine tasting from the local cellar doors.
Blanchetown and Waikerie are 30 minutes away in opposite directions where more shopping, wineries and pubs can be found to explore.
- A visit to Morgan wouldn’t be the same without taking your boat to Caudo winery just past Cadell (30 minute boat trip upriver or 20 minute drive). Just park your boat along the river’s edge and enjoy chilled wines, sangria on tap, live summer music, a great menu, with massive lawns and awesome sunsets. www.caudovineyard.com.au. You can drive, but arriving by boat is special!
- Burk Salter Boutique Winery, Blanchetown offers personalised tours of its historic property, followed by wine tastings and cheese. www.burksalterwines.com.au
- Enjoy river cruising? Pick from a number of dinner, day or twilight river cruises that leave from Morgan on the Barrangul floating restaurant. It’s seasonal but more details found www.barrangulcruises.com.au
- If you enjoy golf, bring your clubs and treat yourself for a round or two at the Waikerie Golf Club, a short 30 minute drive away. Boasting 18 holes, this challenging Par 72 6100m course has large elevated greens surrounded by grassy mounds and hollows. www.waikeriegolf.com.au
- Morgan Museum and walking trails www.visitmorgan.com.au
- In the cooler months, bring your bikes and explore the awesome bike tracks throughout Brenda Park that also extend into Morgan via the rivers edge. Explore the natural surroundings and let the kids chase the kangaroos – they will be off exploring for hours and most likely will only come back when they get hungry!